Here at Go1, we are committed to providing the best learning opportunities to improve lives through education and training.
The Go1 Content Hub is the largest curated eLearning library from the world’s top training providers, available for a single subscription within an existing learning platform, or available on ours.
We are proud of our team culture where everyone can contribute, have a positive impact and be part of the Go1 journey.
We celebrate each other’s wins and support one another so we can grow as individuals, as teams and as an organisation.
We're currently on the search for an experienced General Counsel. This is a full time fixed term contract covering maternity leave, for up to 12 months.
- You’ll provide legal and governance advice and support to the global business. The role will report directly into the CFO, be an active member of Executive Team, and will work closely with the sales, people, finance and other global teams as required. The position is ideally suited to an experienced counsel (10 PAE) with broad general knowledge, in particular in commercial and privacy matters.
- You’ll be predominantly responsible for the legal function of Go1. You will support all areas of the business, including in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements, and providing support and coaching to Go1’s teams on privacy, deal structures and contract negotiations. Serving as a trusted advisor, you’ll provide counsel and guidance that are inline with Go1’s overall business objectives.
Your main responsibilities
- Providing high quality, strategic and commercially focused legal and governance advice to your business partners, the Executive Team and effectively managing external counsel
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements including SaaS agreements, reseller agreements and data transfer and processing agreements
- Providing counsel and guidance that are inline with Go1’s overall business objectives and needs in relation to privacy, IP protection and employment law
- Working with the product, sales, engineering, security, finance and people team on specific projects
- Supporting and coaching Go1’s teams on privacy, deal structure and contract negotiations
- Monitoring legislative/regulatory changes and provision of advice to proactively identify issues which may impact strategy, operational issues or business processes
- Law degree from a reputable university
- Admitted to practice in Australia; minimum of 10 years of post-admission experience, preferably in a technology or Saas environment
- Solid advisory, drafting and negotiation experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of privacy, commercial, corporate, intellectual property, competition & consumer law and employment law issues
- Proven leadership ability with well-developed communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder engagement with an ability to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders and proactively provide customer centric solutions
- Capacity to think strategically and demonstrate sensitivity in balancing legal risk with business reality
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
Why you will love working with us
- We love what we do, and we work hard but we’re also flexible and have fun in the process
- We work as a team – we are open to new ideas, resolve issues together and continue to learn from each other
- Enjoy unlimited access to the Go1 Content Hub - thousands of training courses are waiting for you!
- Go1 is on a stable and rapid-growth curve and you will have the opportunity to grow with us