Here at Go1, we are committed to providing the best learning opportunities to improve lives through education and training.
The Go1 Content Hub is the largest curated eLearning library from the world’s top training providers, available for a single subscription within an existing learning platform, or available on ours.
We are proud of our team culture where everyone can contribute, have a positive impact and be part of the Go1 journey.
We celebrate each other’s wins and support one another so we can grow as individuals, as teams and as an organisation.
We are currently looking for Developers on a contract basis who will work closely with our product manager, other developers and our architecture team.
They will support the agile development process by providing estimation, work breakdown and most importantly, writing great software, advocating and executing against best practice to create high quality you and your team are proud of.
You will be a champion for good engineering practice and will pride yourself on not only delivering working software but also maintainable, high quality code. You will enjoy coding and understanding how your software will be used. You will probably have a few public repositories of your own. You will not be afraid to ask questions – you know creating great software is about designing for the here and now but also for the future. You enjoy digging in on requirements to understand this.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Actively participate in agile rituals designed to bring clarity to the work
- Actively participate in technical solution design – provide your insight and thoughts help drive a conclusion and be part of the solution
- Build relevant, useful testing into your code (it’s not just about coverage)
- Manage the levels of technical debt in the code you are writing or the services you need to modify – collaborate with other maintainers and domain owners to understand their goals and help us all move forward!
- Monitor service and domain performance – make sure cross-functional requirements are not pushed too far down the backlog – make sure they get airtime!
- A degree in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years as a developer in a SaaS or product platform business
- A demonstrated and solid grasp of scalable software principles – microservice and domain design
- Experience working with multiple integration API’s and interfaces o Experience with scrum and basic agile practices and rituals
- Microservice/SOA/Event driven design principles
- PHP, NodeJS, Typescript, React
- API standards (REST, GraphQL, gRPC) A successful applicant should have advanced or better skills in most of the following:
- Experience with Event Streaming (e.g. Kafaka, Event Hub, Kinesis)
- E2E testing frameworks and strategies
- Implementation of best-practice security in front end and back end development A successful applicant might have skills in the following:
- Graph databases, data science or ML
- React and React-based component libraries
- Azure and Active Directory environments
- Continuous integration and delivery
Why you will love working with us
- We love what we do, and we work hard but we’re also flexible and have fun in the process
- We work as a team – we are open to new ideas, resolve issues together and continue to learn from each other
- Enjoy unlimited access to the Go1 Content Hub - thousands of training courses are waiting for you!
- Go1 is on a stable and rapid-growth curve and you will have the opportunity to grow with us
If you're passionate about a positive employee experience and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn't perfectly match our ideal credentials.